Are you looking for an event sponsor or perhaps you want to become one? If so, you will certainly be interested in writing event sponsorship for the event.
What is event sponsorship?
Event sponsorship is a critical source of funding for all event types, where companies, nonprofits, and small businesses provide a certain amount of cash or incentives in exchange for brand awareness and visibility at an event.
How to validate sponsors
To validate your event sponsors, make queries via governmental or other official organisations, social media, or media, and ask your partners or other publicity representatives about your sponsors’ credibility. Learn about your sponsorship obligations as an existing sponsor. Additionally, you can use a sponsorship validation option, a feature that allows an end user to get access to the Internet after being authorized by a “sponsor”.
Do not forget to collect feedback about your sponsors from previous organisers. If you interact with them or the authorities in the course of your projects, ask for some information about any of their joint and successful work with your potential sponsor, if it’s not confidential of course. These materials will help you strengthen further relations with your sponsors and their work.
How to write rules for event sponsorship
There are a number of must-have event sponsorship rules you should put forward when seeking event sponsorship:
- You should start with targeting to understand who can be a potential sponsor.
- Understand their business goals.
- Establish each sponsor’s marketing objectives.
- Understand what you have to offer a sponsor that will benefit them.
- Know the person who can say yes to your sponsorship proposal.
- Provide a real event plan with well-planned sponsor integration with the help of event platform.
- Think of follow-up techniques and further sponsor promotions after the event.
Aside from these tips for writing event sponsorship rules and regulations, you should also pay attention to how you choose to recognise your sponsors.
Sponsor recognition tips:
- Make a unique offer.
- Establish communication on a personal level.
- Integrate the event sponsor in multiple ways.
- Take advantage of social networks.
- Motivate sponsors with privileges.
- Contribute to networking, etc.
When you are finished with your research and have gathered the necessary data, you can easily write the rules for your sponsorship offer based on your chosen sponsor’s demands and your event specifics, etc.
Example of rules for sponsorship
A sponsorship offer is a separate type of commercial offer. As a rule, they are written by organisers of various events who are interested in finding sponsors, and they are addressed to the chosen sponsors. Here are some examples:
How can you write your requirements for sponsorships?
One common condition that everyone understands is that a potential sponsor should be interested in the audience of the proposed event. They don’t need to be interested in you and your event but rather in who will attend the event and why.
Also consider a regular sponsor. Why do you think they give money to events? Why did they do so in the past? What are your goals? Based on this information, you will be able to create sponsor ads with the right focus and a strong message. Furthermore, it will help to better determine the requirements through which you’ll achieve win–win event goals.
In general, think about your communication format. The offer with your event sponsorship requirements should be made in the form of those made for the top managers, decision makers, etc.
Must-have requirements for event sponsors
Many organisers make one critical mistake: During the description of the requirements and benefits for the sponsor, they focus only on the PR, profit, and advertising components. Here are some other must-have requirements that will help you understand how to create powerful offers for your sponsors:
- Tables and diagrams, etc.
- Branded products or services
- Exhibition booth
- Giveaways for event guests
- Logos, taglines, or any other signage
- Speeches and workshops from a sponsoring company, etc.
Other important requirements:
- How will prizes be sent to winners, and who will send them?
- What is the geographic range for sending prizes (e.g., region, country, world)?
- Are there any preferences in the method of determining the winners (judging rounds, points, something else)?
- What is the exact sponsorship pricing, if any, etc.?
All these details should be written down and provided to and clarified with all sponsors BEFORE the start of the event.
Ideally, you should propose a scheme so that the sponsor only needs to agree and approve it or perhaps make very minor adjustments
Example of requirements for sponsorship
An event sponsorship rules template will help you improve your offers and visually present your rules and requirements to your sponsors in the best possible way.
Sponsors don’t just help with the budget; they also help you organise and promote the best events. It’s highly recommended to create unique requirements for event sponsorship and offers as well as to support them with well-considered event organisation ideas and designs. It should be understood that in order to get the support of one good sponsor, you may need to discuss your proposal and ideas with dozens of companies and people. It’s quite possible that another fifty contacts will simply ignore the letters. Either way, if any help is needed, feel free to contact us.
Share your own rules and requirements ideas for event sponsorship in the comments below!