As you tour around this site and read all the fantastic articles on event management, you might be (or might not be, to be fair,) struck with the raging question about the essentiality of an event manager.
Cost is always a big concern for event organizers, regardless of the event scale. That might be the reason why many shun the idea of paying extra bucks for an event management software, or opt for free tools. However, if you were a designer, would you choose to subscribe to Adobe Photoshop or use free Microsoft Paint?
If you live or operate a business in a city as I do, then you’ll be fairly familiar with some of the constraints we face as “the urbanized ones”. High population densities mean that most spaces are taken up by housing, commercial buildings or other public services. This in turn leads to high rentals and more barriers to entry for businesses. But before this turns into a socio-economics lecture, let’s get down to discussing a solution you as a business owner or event planner can use. And even if you don’t live in an overpopulated city, the idea of pop-up events can be something that you can benefit greatly from.
Isn’t it a joy living in the 21st century? Despite what your well-meaning baby boomer relatives will insist, there can be no doubt that we are residing in the most technologically advanced moment in history and that offers us a whole range of possibilities for any human activity, including, you’ll be happy to know, event planning. One aspect that has become incredibly easy is the area of virtual conferencing and now business or communications can be conducted across oceans and time zones with the ease of ordering a pizza. In this article, we discuss just how to go about doing it.
Here’s a grim reality: only about 2% of visitors who click on an ad on social media converts. That means the other 98% click away without buying a ticket or RSVPing. One may think then that paid Facebook and social media ads are a lost cause.
That is not the case, though, especially if you retarget that 98%. Retargeting is one of the most underutilized tools, and knowing how to use it just might result in more desirable conversion rates.
There are close to 7 billion people in the world and these amount to more than 6900 spoken languages. With technology the way it is in our contemporary globalized age, it is a near certainty that in your professional career you will have to communicate with someone who does not share your first language. As an event professional, the odds are that you will one day need to organize a multi-lingual event of your own. Here are a few things that you should take note of.
74% of people get frustrated when content (e.g. offers, ads, promotions) appears that has nothing to do with their interests. How do you overcome this issue and provide content that is relevant and useful during for your attendees and invitees?
We’re half past 2016, which has been an exciting year thus far in technological developments. With the introduction of consumer wearables like the Apple Watch and virtual reality (VR) gaming systems to be introduced to homes, we are definitely getting close to achieving the futuristic world predicted in cult film, Back to the Future. So what exactly does the development of these technology have to do with events? You’ll be surprised what game changers they are for your industry! Check out 4 event technology to look out for this year that are bound to stir up the events industry.